1) Pristine lashes: make sure there isn’t mascara residue from the day before.
2) Keep your mascara wand clean and free from product buildup by washing it every so often with a tea tree oil wash.
3) Restraint: limit yourself to three coats, allowing each coat to dry completely between applications.
4) Starting at the base of your lashes, work your way to the lash tips with a gentle zigzag motion, then hold your brush vertically to coat the ends of your lashes.
5) Replace your mascara after two months. Remember that you’re adding bacteria from your lashes to the tube each time you use it, so invest in a fresh mascara to avoid clumping and eye infections.